Photo

Bus Spawning

22 replies to this topic
JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

I want to try the bus in the water method for getting over to the other island early in the game. I drove around for quite a while, but I couldn't find any buses.

Are there places where they are more likely to spawn than others?

Thanks

Edwards
  • Edwards

sysnode netadmin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

I don't remember seeing any Buses at all before I got to the mainland. Is this the method where you walk to the other side of the gate at the marina and use a boat? I heard you can use an ambulance, and a coach (just wait at a bus stop) should work too.

JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:25 PM

Yeah I guess it is actually the Coach that I want. I tried using the Ambulance, but it didn't reach out far enough for me to jump over to the dock.

I will hang out at the bus stop and see if someone stops by.

Thanks.

the enforcer
  • the enforcer

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:09 PM

yea you want the coach the bus is only on the 2nd island ist at the docks and its like a school bus

Chezlar
  • Chezlar

Ghost^Fire

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:02 AM

Coach? I used an oceanic and an ambulance, just push it in real far and reach your jump limit.

gazberotten187
  • gazberotten187

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (JackBurton @ Aug 7 2003, 09:04 PM)
I want to try the bus in the water method for getting over to the other island early in the game. I drove around for quite a while, but I couldn't find any buses.

Are there places where they are more likely to spawn than others?

Thanks

I the great gaz be rotten have a better methoad

http://www.gtaforums...T&f=62&t=108167

read and enjoy devil.gif

JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:55 PM

Thanks guys. I finally got it to work using an ambulance. The buses were taking to long to find. I managed to boat over to the other island, drive a taxi around for a while and purchase the Hyman Condo. Now I am pretty much set for everything.

molloni
  • molloni

Proprietor of Screw This!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 02:38 PM

@Jack - You know, if you purchase the condos prior to getting the majority of the packages (70 is the last hide out weapon drop off), any of the new weapson drop offs will not be delivered to Hyman, only to the hotel (and the mansion when you get it). In other words, if you only got 15 packages when you purchased the condo, the only thing you'll have on the condo roof will be the flack jacket. Anything else will only go to the hotel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I held off on getting the condo till I had the rocket launcher, then I bought the condo and had everything on the roof.

JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (molloni @ Aug 8 2003, 02:38 PM)
@Jack - You know, if you purchase the condos prior to getting the majority of the packages (70 is the last hide out weapon drop off), any of the new weapson drop offs will not be delivered to Hyman, only to the hotel (and the mansion when you get it). In other words, if you only got 15 packages when you purchased the condo, the only thing you'll have on the condo roof will be the flack jacket. Anything else will only go to the hotel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I held off on getting the condo till I had the rocket launcher, then I bought the condo and had everything on the roof.

That would be a real problem. I may have to rethink my strategy on getting all the HPs before starting the missions.

Can someone confirm this?

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:14 PM

@Jack - actually, the proof would be in the pudding...you can prove it for us. It's been posted in the past, but you know what - just go out on the main land and find how ever many packages you need to get the next weapons drop off and then check your condo roof. It was something I didn't want to waste time fussing to see if it was true, but you can confirm it.

Give it a try, and report back.

1337jman
  • 1337jman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 04:26 PM

I don't know why people want to spoil the game for themselves. just play it or download the all island open savegame or a complete one

lolo603
  • lolo603

Du$Ty 7

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 05:27 PM

u don't need a bus to get to the the islands early...

and jman, it doesn't spoil the game... i have a save file backed up in my hdd w/ 100/100 hidden packages and stuff... doing such save file prevents me from doing silly things over and over again whenever i want to start a new game and redo some of the missions...

JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (1337jman @ Aug 8 2003, 04:26 PM)
I don't know why people want to spoil the game for themselves. just play it or download the all island open savegame or a complete one

I am not sure what you mean by spoiling the game. I am not activating any cheats. I already completed all the missions in another game, so now I want to see what percentage I can get to before I start any of the missions.

IRT molloni

I will check it out and report back. Unfortuneatley, I won't be able to play again until Monday.

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 08 August 2003 - 06:37 PM

It's more like seeing what you can do without cheating. I remember spending like 2 hours one night on GTA3 trying to push a boat over land to get to SSV. And what a great feeling it was after setting the stupid thing on fire or drowning or anything else when I found out it was true and it actually worked. Technically, floating a bus over isn't cheating, as Jack pointed out that he didn't enter any codes...

Although one of the reasons I started another game of GTA3 was to specifically look for all the packages...I find that fun...

@Jack - yea, when you get to playing again, try it out and let us know. I'm very curious...

Brenteus Maximus
  • Brenteus Maximus

Phil Collins: Live in Vice City

• Members

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:03 AM

if this hyman condo package bug exists though you can avoid it by buying the skumole shack and using it to save on the other island instead. you can't save cars there but you'll be able to save your game and hopefully not screw up the package weapon pickups. but that's only if this bug exists, and hopefully you'll play around just to see if it does or not bc that would be interesting to know.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 09 August 2003 - 11:12 AM

If you complete 100 taxi passengers you can jump over the marina fence in a taxi. It takes a bit of practise but if you time it right you can bail from the taxi and land on the marina. Its another method that works. You can jump onto the golf course (with weapons). You can also get onto the golf course with a bike by hitting the high verge between the tree and the wooden bridge. Faggio works great and usually lands on the top of the bridge.

lolo603
  • lolo603

Du$Ty 7

• Members

Posted 09 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (JackBurton @ Aug 8 2003, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (1337jman @ Aug 8 2003, 04:26 PM)
I don't know why people want to spoil the game for themselves.  just play it or download the all island open savegame or a complete one

I am not sure what you mean by spoiling the game. I am not activating any cheats. I already completed all the missions in another game, so now I want to see what percentage I can get to before I start any of the missions.

IRT molloni

I will check it out and report back. Unfortuneatley, I won't be able to play again until Monday.

lol i'll give u the answer... it's 47% if i remember correctly... YES f*cking 47% w/o starting any of the core missions...

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 August 2003 - 10:52 AM

Yes, this dumbass bug about the weapons at the Hyman Condo definitely exists. It was one of the many reasons I started a new game.

That, and I accidently overwrote my old file with a brand new one, and some other stuff. sad.gif

_Moe_
  • _Moe_

Moe

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:07 AM

if u get 100 pakages before you get the condo is there a hunter there?

lolo603
  • lolo603

Du$Ty 7

• Members

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (_Moe_ @ Aug 11 2003, 03:07 AM)
if u get 100 pakages before you get the condo is there a hunter there?

Hunter won't shows up at Hyman Condo... it only shows up inside the army base and on the helipad on the southern part of the east island if u..........................

JackBurton
  • JackBurton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:31 AM

Okay the results are in. I purchased the Hyman Condos prior to getting any HPs. Then I got the first 30. The armor, chainsaw and python all appeared on the roof of the condo. So there doesn't seem to be a problem.

This is for the PC version, so I don't know about the PS2.

Hollower
  • Hollower

theomachist

• Members

Posted 12 August 2003 - 03:28 AM

I too have PC version and no problems with purchasing the condos early. All pickups appeared on schedule.

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:29 PM

Hey, thanks for the research! I guess the game guide I read is wrong:
Warning, only the pickups that you already own when you buy the condo will be delivered here. Future pickups will not arrive at this location.

unless it only has to do with the PS2 version.

Live and learn. Too bad I waited so long to by the place...I could have been stock piling those .357 rounds die.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users