» «
Photo

Opcodes for Bartons Editor (GTA3 + VC)

252 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:54 AM Edited by opius, 03 August 2003 - 10:55 AM.

Alright, I'm sure many people have found new opcodes for Bartons editor, but didn't make topics for fear of cluttering the boards. So, for now, post any opcodes you find, or incorrect descriptions of opcodes, along with a new or corrected description, and people can use them until Barton releases another version of his editor.

Here are mine so far.

CODE
057E: clear_radar 1?

This makes the radar completely grey. Used during the stadium events.

CODE
0507:  camera_has_interference 1?

Creates static on the screen as an overlay. Used in the elevator cutscene of "G-Spotlight".

CODE
04C7:  camera_has_scanlines 1?

Creates green scanlines and a frame counter on the screen as an overlay. Used at the golf course, and during the "Rub Out" cutscene.

Corrections
CODE
02D3: boat  10784?? drive_to  171.0578!  942.3843!  6!

This opcode is incorrect, I suggest changing it to

CODE
02D3: car  $stinger drive_to  -936.5!  -282!  10.5! offroad

as the vehicle goes to the place 'as the crow flies' ignoring obstacles.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 August 2003 - 04:20 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 03 August 2003 - 04:28 PM.

QUOTE (opius @ Aug 3 2003, 11:54 AM)
Corrections
CODE
02D3: boat  10784?? drive_to  171.0578!  942.3843!  6!

This opcode is incorrect, I suggest changing it to

CODE
02D3: car  $stinger drive_to  -936.5!  -282!  10.5! offroad

as the vehicle goes to the place 'as the crow flies' ignoring obstacles.

Not in GTA 3. In GTA 3, any car controlled with this opcode would go bonkers with the stearing going right and left 10 times a second, going in a strait line anywhere but where you programmed it to go. I have not tested this in VC. There is another tested way (tested a couple of days ago):
CODE
00AF: set_car <car> driver_behaviour_to <code>

CODE

bits breakdown                     code
0000 = go nowhere
0001 = follow roads, go backwards
      if anything in the way      (1)
0010 = kill the player             (2)
0100 = drive against the player,
      stop when near              (4)
1000 = drive, ignore road paths    (8)

Rockstar never used opcode 02D3 with cars in VC or GTA 3.
I have not tested these driver behaviour codes with codes that tells the driver to drive to a specific point. They work like this if the driver is instructed to drive around at random.

Thanks for the other opcodes. happy.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:20 PM

how do i "find" new opcodes?

are they those (unknown) ones? dozingoff.gif

sleeper777
  • sleeper777

Mission Coder | Help Guru | Tech Ninja

• Members

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:14 PM Edited by sleeper777, 03 August 2003 - 11:29 PM.

CODE
053F: unknown_car $CAR_ID flag  0?

this one should be changed to

CODE
053F: car_tires_invulnerable $CAR_ID flag  0? (true)

credit goes to tbm2k's notes in his database

i use this with my proofing code so none of my cars get flats even with the tire shredders... biggrin.gif yin-yang.gif ph34r.gif

sleeper777
  • sleeper777

Mission Coder | Help Guru | Tech Ninja

• Members

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:29 PM

CODE
0331: unknown_player $PLAYER_CHAR set_fast_reload  1?

i changed to this
CODE
0331: toggle player $PLAYER_CHAR fast reload  1?

but i have yet still to get this to work early in the game... iwonder if another onknown checks to see if this is set before you do phils mission... oh well back to the research

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (sleeper777 @ Aug 3 2003, 06:14 PM)
CODE
053F: unknown_car $CAR_ID flag  0?

this one should be changed to

CODE
053F: car_tires_invulnerable $CAR_ID flag  0? (true)

credit goes to tbm2k's notes in his database

i use this with my proofing code so none of my cars get flats even with the tire shredders... biggrin.gif yin-yang.gif ph34r.gif

i just saw that today, was going to post it. guess you beat me colgate.gif

but i think you can shorten it to
CODE
053F: $CAR_ID tires_invulnerable  0? (true)

is the flag part necessary? if it is then sorry, im not experienced yet turn.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:38 AM

how do i "find" new opcodes?

are they those (unknown) ones? 

those unknown ones, the ones without any description and opcodes with description that you have tested yourself and found to be doing stuff different from the description or that have a "misleading" / inaccurate description. There are lots of opcodes with stuff like set_car <car> flag <flag> and set_actor <actor> flag <flag>. These opcodes have no meaning whatsoever, blush.gif so they need better descriptions. There are also opcodes that has "control codes", like the
CODE
00AF: set_car <car> driver_behaviour_to <code>
that makes the opcode to lots of different stuff depended on what the control number is. Most of these control numbers are unknown.

I have not been searching for or testing unknown opcodes for weeks. Been doing other stuff. There are probably more new opcodes to be found in tbm2k's database. wink.gif

spinnie
  • spinnie

AKA spin

• Members

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:07 AM Edited by spinnie, 05 August 2003 - 08:07 AM.

CODE
0423: unknown_car  <car> amount  <float>

Would be something like :
CODE
0423: improve_car_handling  <car> by  <float>

Originally it's used only in "The Driver" and in "Alloy Wheels of Steel".

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (spinnie @ Aug 5 2003, 09:07 AM)
CODE
0423: unknown_car  <car> amount  <float>

Would be something like :
CODE
0423: improve_car_handling  <car> by  <float>

Originally it's used only in "The Driver" and in "Alloy Wheels of Steel".

What does it do exactly ? What float values can be used ?

spinnie
  • spinnie

AKA spin

• Members

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:23 AM

It improves handling for a car by a given factor.

It's used with The Driver, Hillary's Sabre Turbo gets 1.5!
And in Alloy Wheels of Steel the Angles get 2!

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:05 PM

04EC is still unknown in vice mission builder 0.21.

at tbm2ks database, it says its how much of each class of vehicle is spawned there.

not my discovery, but i thought it would be useful.

hey spinnie, if the car handling is improved too much, do you think the cars would roll over when cornering? biggrin.gif i think hilary flipped over once because i nudged him while he was turning.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Aug 5 2003, 10:05 PM)
hey spinnie, if the car handling is improved too much, do you think the cars would roll over when cornering? biggrin.gif i think hilary flipped over once because i nudged him while he was turning.

OT: I would think that to be a good thing. The Driver is one of the more challenging missions in the game.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 5 2003, 08:42 PM)
...more challenging...

not if youre a good driver rolleyes.gif

BodyBumper
  • BodyBumper

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2003 - 03:30 AM Edited by BodyBumper, 06 August 2003 - 03:31 AM.

CODE
02DB: set_boat  XX?? speed_to  6!

Should be changed to:
CODE
02DB: set_car  XX?? speed_to  6!

Because in some cases the boat is actually a car.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:26 AM

if its in some cases, then wouldnt vehicle be more appropriate? sorry, just making suggestions...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Aug 6 2003, 02:10 AM)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 5 2003, 08:42 PM)
...more challenging...

not if youre a good driver rolleyes.gif

To clarify, the phrase "more challenging" is relative, not absolute. So skill has nothing to do with it because you'd be better at ALL missions that relied on driving skill. Since Hillary drives an special Sabre Turbo while you're stuck with the Admiral, this job is MORE challenging.

As for your vehicle comment before, they're discussing codes that VC and Mission Builder understand. You can't just go throwing in whatever words you think sound better.

I wasn't going to say it before because I would just be adding to the clutter. But since I can see you're eager to get your name up in this thread you clearly cannot contribute to, I feel I have to share it with you. Opius started a very good thread and posts like ours are only watering down how useful it really is. So anybody who posts on this that isn't about opcodes and what they do shouldn't be posted. So even if you insist on smearing your feces all over this once again, I am hereby pledging to those who will benefit from this thread that I will not post on it again unless I have something to add that is on topic.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 6 2003, 04:21 PM)
Since Hillary drives an special Sabre Turbo while you're stuck with the Admiral, this job is MORE challenging.

actually you have a sentinel smile.gif

spinnie
  • spinnie

AKA spin

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:50 AM Edited by spinnie, 06 August 2003 - 07:35 AM.

Demarest, good call, let's not turn this thread into another one filled with chaos.

To get back on track :
CODE
01EC: unknown_car  <car> flag  1?

I'm not sure how to name this one, but when one turns it on (1?) and starts driving like a madman, crashing into upcoming cars, then one doesn't lose controll of the wheel. In other words, you keep going straight while the car you crashed into goes of the road like normal.

With bikes it makes falling off a bit rarer, but not impossible.

Maybe it would something like, make_car_heavier ? dunno whatsthat.gif

(images tell more then words, here's a movie (5.7MB))

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (BodyBumper @ Aug 6 2003, 04:30 AM)
CODE
02DB: set_boat  XX?? speed_to  6!

Should be changed to:
CODE
02DB: set_car  XX?? speed_to  6!

Because in some cases the boat is actually a car.

In what mission ? I did a search for it and I only found boats used with it. Same goes for gta 3.

BodyBumper
  • BodyBumper

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:09 AM Edited by BodyBumper, 06 August 2003 - 08:13 AM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Aug 5 2003, 11:08 PM)

In what mission ? I did a search for it and I only found boats used with it. Same goes for gta 3.

That is true that the only "vehicles" that uses that particular code is boat but the same code does work for any car in the game example I did two tests one with the FBIRANCH and I set the speed at 0 and the other at 100 and it worked like it should without any crashes.

1 dozingoff.gif
CODE
00A5:  9208?? = create_car #FBIRANCH at XX??  XX??  XX?  
0175: set_car  9208?? z_angle_to  XX??
0224: set_car  9208?? health_to  3500&
02DB: set_boat  9208?? speed_to  0!

2 tounge2.gif
CODE

02DB: set_boat  9208?? speed_to  100!

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (BodyBumper @ Aug 6 2003, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Aug 5 2003, 11:08 PM)

That is true that the only "vehicles" that uses that particular code is boat but the same code does work for any car in the game example I did two tests one with the FBIRANCH and I set the speed at 0 and the other at 100 and it worked like it should without any crashes.

1 dozingoff.gif
CODE
02DB: set_boat  9208?? speed_to  0!

2 tounge2.gif
CODE

02DB: set_boat  9208?? speed_to  100!

As long as Rockstar didn't do that, I don't see any reason why I or anybody else should do that. It doesn't crash the game, true, but it's still not a very good idea. I'm not changing those particular codes without a very good reason.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:46 AM Edited by brokenfish, 07 August 2003 - 12:56 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 6 2003, 01:21 AM)
As for your vehicle comment before, they're discussing codes that VC and Mission Builder understand. You can't just go throwing in whatever words you think sound better.

I wasn't going to say it before because I would just be adding to the clutter. But since I can see you're eager to get your name up in this thread you clearly cannot contribute to, I feel I have to share it with you. Opius started a very good thread and posts like ours are only watering down how useful it really is. So anybody who posts on this that isn't about opcodes and what they do shouldn't be posted. So even if you insist on smearing your feces all over this once again, I am hereby pledging to those who will benefit from this thread that I will not post on it again unless I have something to add that is on topic.

ok ok i get it. wow.gif
yeah i am sorry for adding useless things.

ill add useful things from now.
heres one, i hope...

CODE
04BA: unknown_car  $car  *!

$car is the car that is created, and the * indicates the speed of the car.
this is used during cutscenes. if you set the speed too high for kens admiral in the intro cutscene, for example, he will crash into the wall rather than turning into the alley and parking. you will still be let go though. i ended up standing on top of the roof of the car. turn.gif

this isnt in the database either, i double-checked to be sure.
i hope nobody else found that before, otherwise im going to take another beating from demarest... suicidal.gif nervous.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:30 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 07 August 2003 - 03:25 PM.

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Aug 7 2003, 01:46 AM)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 6 2003, 01:21 AM)

ok ok i get it. wow.gif
yeah i am sorry for adding useless things.

ill add useful things from now.
heres one, i hope...

CODE
04BA: unknown_car  $car  *!

$car is the car that is created, and the * indicates the speed of the car.
this is used during cutscenes. if you set the speed too high for kens admiral in the intro cutscene, for example, he will crash into the wall rather than turning into the alley and parking. you will still be let go though. i ended up standing on top of the roof of the car. turn.gif

this isnt in the database either, i double-checked to be sure.
i hope nobody else found that before, otherwise im going to take another beating from demarest... suicidal.gif nervous.gif

What you said is very interresting. Any codes that can change the car handlings are very interresting. You should test it more. It doesn't have to be related to the speed of the car. If the car goes faster, it could be related to anything that makes a car go faster, like acceleration, mass, grip or anything else. If it isn't going faster, but crashes into the wall, it could be related to the stearing or the navigation (the car paths). Saying it changes the speed without testing it properly is like jumping to conclusions.

EDIT: WOW!!! YOU DID IT!!! YOU FOUND IT!!! It sets the speeds of ANY cars instantly. Even the car the player is driving. It makes lots of stuff possible, like NOS mods, gear change mods, flying cars mods, cruise control mods, bad car engine mods...

TbM2k
  • TbM2k

playing/modding gta:SA

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:34 PM

So thats why i wrote in the comment: "used after 04a2 'fly_to'", it simply sets the speed of the helicopter in some missions (instantly) so the helicopter is already flying at full-speed when the game fades the mission in... (you know, this mission where you have to shoot out of the helicopter)

http://vice-city.gib...h=04ba&show=all

But i was not very interested in trying this opcode to see what it really does, so i left it at only one comment and nothing else...

spinnie
  • spinnie

AKA spin

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:59 PM

Wh00h00, that's one mystery solved.

Let's all get cracking at those other unknowns. Who knows what's all still possible. devil.gif

sanangeles
  • sanangeles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:26 PM

I'd thought jump in and post something.

I was messing about with the awesome speed code, it works really well with boats and heli's.

Boats just shoot off, even on the land, like some force is pushing it, and fly in the air until it slowly hits the water.

And look, I was pulling up on the helicopter, I even manged to leave the invisible helicopter "roof".

Screenshot here:
http://www.sanangeles.net/heli1.jpg

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:54 PM

While everyone is rushing to their new VC mods involving brokenfish's discovery, I have but one humble question: do these codes work for GTA3?

TbM2k
  • TbM2k

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:59 PM Edited by TbM2k, 07 August 2003 - 05:00 PM.

last used opcode in gta3: 0452

so 04ba cant be used because it isnt doing anything in gta3 (like all other opcodes above 0452) i think they simply crash GTA3...

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:00 PM Edited by brokenfish, 07 August 2003 - 05:03 PM.

wait. i dont get it. what did i 'discover' thats so important?
were you people 'looking' for this code (barton said IT)?

could we make it so that once a key is pressed/held down, we could use that one code to speed up the vehicle?

(off topic, please dont bash me demarest bored.gif )
why dont you stay with vc modding? i think its better than gta3 (opinion).

TbM2k
  • TbM2k

• Members

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:04 PM

Some people needed such an opcode to set the speed of a vehicle by themselves so they can do mods which "affect" the car-speed (not only by decreasing it until the car stops)

You can now press a key and simply "boost" your car to maximum-speed or just have an "automated" driver that pushes the speed-button for you (in this modern cars, you press a button and the car stays at this speed)

Endless possibilities... (up to now we only could READ how fast a car was)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users