Photo

HELP! Rifle range 45+ Score

15 replies to this topic
casper64_007
  • casper64_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 07:12 AM

I've got 98% and all I need to do now is get a score of 45+ on the Rifle Range and complete last mission which I can do I just want to save it till last. tounge2.gif

Has anybody got some tips on getting 45+ score on the Rifle Range? PLEASE HELP. confused.gif

Thanks.

please email me at:

[email protected] if you can

Thanks again biggrin.gif

Bind
  • Bind

Stubby Shotgun

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 07:16 AM Edited by Bind, 20 July 2003 - 07:27 AM.

Go to Ammunation in Downtown. But to unlock the Shooting Range, you have to complete the mission called The Shootist.
After when you beat it, you can now do the Shooting Range.
Score 45 points as you can and then you receive a reward giving you a fast reload for most weapons.
Trust me, it's only in Downtown. Remember that the mission called The Shootist is the 2nd Malibu Club mission. In that mission, you will meet a guy named Phil Cassidy who wants you to beat him in a 3 round shooting mission.
If you haven't bought the Malibu for $120000, come back and get some more money until you can buy it. Good luck !

D@3mOniT3
  • D@3mOniT3

It's been awhile...

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 07:48 AM Edited by D@3mOniT3, 20 July 2003 - 07:50 AM.

QUOTE (Bind @ Jul 20 2003, 07:16 AM)
Go to Ammunation in Downtown. But to unlock the Shooting Range, you have to complete the mission called The Shootist.
After when you beat it, you can now do the Shooting Range.
Score 45 points as you can and then you receive a reward giving you a fast reload for most weapons.
Trust me, it's only in Downtown. Remember that the mission called The Shootist is the 2nd Malibu Club mission. In that mission, you will meet a guy named Phil Cassidy who wants you to beat him in a 3 round shooting mission.
If you haven't bought the Malibu for $120000, come back and get some more money until you can buy it. Good luck !

Damn dude, I think he knows all that. He just asked for help on getting the 45 points.. which you didn't even post notify.gif

Casper:

1) Shoot out the body's (leave the heads) of the first and second targets. These are worth 1 and 2 points respectively. Shooting just the bodies gives you a clearer shot at the 3rd target which is worth the most, 3 points.
2) Focus on just the third target, I would shoot out the body first, then the head. Another target comes out when the destroyed tardet reaches the wall, so have you crosshair ready.
3) Only shoot when you know you will hit the target, but go as quickly as possible. It takes some practice, but you will get it.
4) If time is running out and you only are a few points away from 45, just shoot out all the targets.
5) Put you crosshair a bit in front of the body of the target and shoot out the pads by quickly clicking 2 times, then reposition the xhair and do the same to the other 2 pads. Doesn't really matter if you do the upper or lower ones first, whichever you prefer. After the body, shoot out the head. (you can also try shooting the head first, then the body)

If your on the PC, then this should really be no problem. Just set it so you can aim with the mouse and this should be a breeze. If you don't play any 1st person shooters tho, it may not be as easy. But still easier than the damn analog friggin stick on the PS2!!!

Good luck with it, enjoy the fast reload.

Mr. Wongs
  • Mr. Wongs

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:25 AM

I'll just add on to D@3mOniT3's post.

Mathematical Breakdown:

• Shoot only the target worth 3 points. Shooting a target referrs to blowing away the four body pads, plus its head.This translates to 5 bullets per target.

• You need to score 45 points or more, meaning you will need to hit the 3-point target 15 times (or more). This will consume a minimum of 75 bullets.

• This basically means that out of 100 bullets, which you start off with, you need to accurately shoot 75% of them, or 3 quarters.

• You are given 2 minutes (120 seconds) to complete the Rifle Range. This means that you must shoot a target every 8 seconds (on average) which of course means 1.6 bullets every second.

All of this assuming you finish the range with 100% accuracy and a maximum score of 45.

Yosho the Grand
    • Yosho the Grand

Wise Old Man

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 05:04 PM

My tip: don't run out of bullets! Sacrifice time for accuracy. Getting the points is fairly easy if you don't worry about the time and don't waste a single bullet.

8-ball8
    • 8-ball8

Goon Tog

• Members

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:54 PM

hey just enter it and when u start type in the weapon code for lots of ammo then go crazy shooting. (hope i didnt say anything wrong) oh and i used cheats and am at 100%, so... rahkstar.gif

Nicholai
    • Nicholai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:00 AM

I completed the 45+ by only shooting the third row targets, and a few of the second row targets it worked for me but thats just how i did it im sure there are many more ways.

the enforcer
    • the enforcer

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:36 PM

use this code for more ammo for pistol it wont
    affect game trust me

r1 r2 L1 r2 left down right up left down right up left down right up and let the bullets fly!

note this is for ps2 version

Zakimonk
    • Zakimonk

Zakimonk- Da Monk With Funk

• Members

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:40 PM Edited by Zakimonk, 26 July 2003 - 08:41 PM.

Erm, I got like a 48. Really, it's not that hard, I got 97% accuracy, too. biggrin.gif I just took good aim and shot every target until I ran out of ammo. biggrin.gif

raunchy
    • raunchy

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (the enforcer @ Jul 26 2003, 08:36 PM)
    use this code for more ammo for pistol it wont
    affect game trust me

r1 r2 L1 r2 left down right up left down right up left down right up and let the bullets fly!

note this is for ps2 version

Lol, enforcer this is "Vice City" section. You gave the weapon code for "GTA3" lol. Oh well. sneaky2.gif

Ballistic Jello
    • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
    • None

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:41 PM

No, he didn't. That was correct. Moron. He posted the weakest weapon code for Vice City, which gives you the pistol. The code for GTA3 is:

R2, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Think (and research) before you post. Now you can apologize to "the enforcer".

lolo603
    • lolo603

Du$Ty 7

• Members

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:40 AM

aim ahead, when the target intercept your xhair, fire... shoot the 4 body parts of the front 2 targets (so only their head left)... then just keep on shooting the last board...

the enforcer
    • the enforcer

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (B@lli$TiC J3LLO @ Jul 30 2003, 11:41 AM)
    No, he didn't. That was correct. Moron. He posted the weakest weapon code for Vice City, which gives you the pistol. The code for GTA3 is:

R2, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Think (and research) before you post. Now you can apologize to "the enforcer".

hahahahahaha thanks bollistic

iTz i Makez HD
    • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
    • Spain

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I know it's a bit late to post here, but it really helped me to get this, so thanks!! biggrin.gif

glenster
    • glenster

True

• Members
    • United-States

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by glenster, 12 January 2013 - 10:30 AM.

An easy way to get a lot of points in the second section: I just shot at the
    cartoon of Misty in the top middle window of the six at the far middle section
    and got 34 points. The next time I tried this mission, I kept my aim at the
    right side of that window--where the cartoon of Misty emerges--and got 40
    points for the second section.

v As Spuds says, "second section" of "The Shootist"--you can shoot Misty as
    fast as she appears in the window. For the first part and "Rifle Range," I go
    along with recommending the strategy described above of leaving the heads of the
    first two targets till you hear the sound of the time running out.

Spuds725
    • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
    • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (glenster @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 16:13)
    An easy way to get a lot of points in the second section: I just shot at the
    cartoon of Misty in the top middle window of the six at the far middle section
    and got 34 points. The next time I tried this mission, I kept my aim at the
    right side of that window--where the cartoon of Misty emerges--and got 40
    points for the second section.

That isn't part of the rifle range score, what you are referring to is part of "the shootist" mission for the Malibu club.

After that mission, you have to go back to the same ammunation and repeat the first part of it--- and score a 45 (this is only he moving silouettes of targets). That unlocks fast reload as well as being required for 100%.

I wanted to clarify this as this is a frequent misconception about getting 100%--- the score is NOT in your stats.

Spuds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users