» «
Photo

complete known IDE-definitions

71 replies to this topic
jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:51 AM Edited by jcab42, 14 October 2004 - 10:34 PM.

You refuse to look at my example. Ok, here's more screens (even though I already put a link to one) here's more.

looks like you suggested 132. Ok:
revision = 132
glass = 1028
user posted image
notice the undesired culling

next, you suggested:
revision = 160
glass = 1028
user posted image
gee I wonder why that happened. Could it be rw 3.3?

next:
revision = 64
glass = 1028
user posted image

That one seems to have worked, but wait, you turn around and you see:

user posted image
and
user posted image

It's culling models behind the transparent faces, just like if it was 0. Furthermore 64 doesn't give us any advantage over 0, especially not in this case.

Got any more suggestions? If not then the easy credit auto revision model will get a 0 on the next build, just like I said over two weeks ago.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:46 AM

for some reason the view distance also determines the collison if set to high collision is turned off. I am realizing this while PatrickW codes the train for LC. I am trying to take care of the model portion. Maybe only for a set path?

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:38 PM Edited by Aschratt, 24 April 2007 - 04:02 PM.

We found some new Flagvalues for IDE.

But first I will tell you my theory about how Flagvalues work:
Like most Flags in SA the Flag value is of type UInt32. So if you see it binary it consits of BitFlags, and you need a calculator. Ive codet such a tool.

If it is of type UInt32 there are many Flags missing. (At least more than 21!)
We`ve discovered 3 new, where we know what they mean. And 1 where we dont know for what they are used. We also startet a topic >>>Klick (German+ English)<<< where we try to find out all Flagvalues, we know for now.

Theres also a description how they work.

But now lets come back to the new values.

CODE
0000000000000000000100000000000 = 2048 - Garagedoor
0000000000000000001000000000000 = 4096 - 2-Clump-Object (Switches from Clump 2 to Clump 1 after collision) | Still some testing but it should work ^^
0000000000100000000000000000000 = 1048576 - Deactivates Texture (?)
0000000001000000000000000000000 = 2097152 - Double-Layer-Texture (Texture on both sides of a plane)

It would be nice if someone tryes with us to find the last missing Flags. You see it can be very usefull!

Link to my Calculator (Updatet if there are new Flags discovered): http://files.aschrat...GTA/ID_Calc.rar

rahkstar2.gif Cheers!

//EDIT: Ive discovered 6 new Flags today ^^

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

Just like old times, some of you will remember the days of using a text editor to make a small change to gta and then running the game to test it, some of you wont, while it might sound stupid it was actually fun and extremely rewarding when you found something new.

Today I got to do just that, I was messing around in the vice city exe and found some corona references in order so I gave them a go.
In the 2DFX lights section there is a "coronastar" parameter, if you swap that word in quotes for one of the ones below you get a different effect.

Screenshots below with a list of the lights I found, I only did this in vice city, might have a look through the other games later.

Click the screens for larger ones...

Effect PreviewEffect Name
user posted imagecloudhilit
user posted imagecloudmasked
user posted imagecoronacircle
user posted imagecoronaheadlightline
user posted imagecoronahex
user posted imagecoronamoon
user posted imagecoronareflect
user posted imagecoronaringa
user posted imagestreek

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

...thus ending 4 years of wondering what exactly those strings were for.

New moons anyone ?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ May 21 2007, 19:47)

4 long years chained to the modding PCs in the forums basement - without sleep, food or daylight - finally over. Hail REspawn, our savior!

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ May 21 2007, 18:42)

4 long years chained to the modding PCs in the forums basement - without sleep, food or daylight - finally over. Hail REspawn, our savior!

Well, it obviously refers to textures from particle.txd. I shouldn't probably say that I noticed it some time ago but thought it was public knowledge. wink.gif

Since respawn was the first to post it, all credit belongs to him though. smile.gif

Alex

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ May 25 2007, 07:53)
QUOTE (steve-m @ May 21 2007, 18:42)

Well, it obviously refers to textures from particle.txd. I shouldn't probably say that I noticed it some time ago but thought it was public knowledge. wink.gif

Since respawn was the first to post it, all credit belongs to him though. smile.gif

Alex

Did you miss that his post was about those texture's application? dozingoff.gif Come on AK! tounge.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

Not just applications but effects of them, for example the "streek" is streatched out to form an effect instead of just a colored billboard version of the texture from the file.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

That streak has particularly interested me and I wonder what kind of load it would be to apply it practically to every light as an effect for drunkenness, coming down off of a tweak/adrenaline pill, or being tired and sleepy. New mechanics anyone?

Anyone know the translations for those other flags ashcraft has found? tounge.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:37 AM Edited by Gforce, 27 May 2007 - 01:41 AM.

its good to see that people are still finding what some of the flag multiples are capable of.

one of my personal favourites is the 2097152, a similar effect can supposedly be acheived using 1028 for breakable glass (with single plane col) and the 8324 flag is also good for when you make your own tree's with single sided alpha planes without colfiles.

not sure if this has been mentioned but for static underwater objects 0 is usually best, and 4 is a good one for underwater models using alpha textures.

i know this info can be found on the gtamodding wiki but i think you should pin this topic underneath the pinned ipl definitions topic. wink.gif

ps: slightly off topic, i think it may be possible that some of the flags for generic object's appear to link with the colfile target type, ie:- some of the breakable stuff tends to be in Col2 format for models that do not use prelighting, and some flags are for models that do not have collisions for certain parts/pollies of the target model, this may be for ped trigger dummies that cause peds to react in certain ways when they encounter certain models with these dummy/trigger sections.

here's an example of what i mean taken from the dynamic.ide ...

1281, parkbench1, benches, 47, 2097280

this model automatically spawns peds, it also causes a TC map mod to crash if you have too many of these items mapped within a certain map space, i assume this is linked to the (hardcoded) peds spawning system somewhere.

it also may be possible that certain flags work in a different way for R* because it may be possible that those flags are to denote that the ipl is in the img in a binary.ipl.

sorry for the off topicness but i have no idea where else around here i could have posted these thoughts, rantings and findings.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:07 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 12 February 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Can someone help figure out 2DFX type 3 behavior 4? I have figured out 0 to 3 a long time ago but 4 still boggles me. Here's a map I have created of all its locations:
user posted image

I have documented almost everything about the 2DFX section for Vice City. I'm guessing column H is a useless alpha value associated to columns E,F,G, which are also apparently useless outside type 1. dozingoff.gif I want someone to confirm that it really has no apparent effect in the game.

Ninja edit: I have mapped all 2DFX type 2, which is also entirely unknown, in GTA III:
user posted image
2DFX is almost done!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users