Photo

Dangit!

7 replies to this topic
Mr. Wongs
  • Mr. Wongs

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:16 AM

This is the first ever problem I've had with Vice City. Basically, I double click my VC shortcut, the computer speeds up as it aknowledges the start of the game, the mouse pointer turns into an hour glass, yet... the game never actually loads. In fact, nothing happens, at all.

Now, I tried reinstalling it twice, restarting my computer, relocating my files, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone suggest a solution?

tpowley
  • tpowley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:36 AM

I had this problem, I had installed the game on a partitioned hard drive, I later found out that you should install the game in the default install location. When you uninstall the game make sure you delete your VC folder in your 'my work' folder before you reinstall, if you have any saved games make a backup before you delete it. This fixed the problem for me.

Good Luck

AirCoN
  • AirCoN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:44 PM

I have the same problem.

The Game worked fine for 3 days. Then I got my self a new LCD monitor. And now the game just wont load. click on the start file and get the hour glass for a few secs. But nothing happens..??

I have reinstalled the game 2 time with no luck.

I have tried 2 take out the CD and see if it load but then i just get a msg that says "no cd"

Did the solution above work for you..??

SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM:
I went in 2 my GTA folder in my documents in windows. And deleted the file "gta_vc.set". Not the save files. And restarted GTA VC. This solved all my probs. And GTA VC stared up with deafult settings.   :cool:

Mr. Wongs
  • Mr. Wongs

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:26 PM

Ah, success!

Thank you very much for that reply, AirCoN. I deleted that file, and Vice City loaded up again. But why would that file prevent the game from loading up?

Citrux
  • Citrux

Supra Racer

• Members

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:30 PM

Because computers like to be unpredictable.

AirCoN
  • AirCoN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:14 AM

Quote (Mr_WongS @ June 26 2003,22:26)
Ah, success!

Thank you very much for that reply, AirCoN. I deleted that file, and Vice City loaded up again. But why would that file prevent the game from loading up?

I think it has to do with the display settings in GTA VC. In my case I got a new monitor LCD. And it probly didnt support the display settings I used before.

In your case im not sure, new drivers or something. Who knows. Anyways the file in "My documents" is the file that defines the settings in GTA VC. So if u delet it, GTA VC generates a new one from default settings. Witch is 640x480x16, and thats a setting all monitors and video cards support.

Mr.Vercetti
  • Mr.Vercetti

Leone Family Mafia Member Under Probation

• Members

Posted 28 June 2003 - 01:14 AM

strange but congrats on getting it working again

Randy
  • Randy

:o

• Members

Posted 29 June 2003 - 02:39 AM

THANK YOU, this finally fixed my problem   :sui: :D