Photo

PC: Sound/Frame Stutter

3 replies to this topic
joshieca
  • joshieca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:50 PM

I have a strange thing happening....the game plays perfect when you are walking, driving around, etc. But the moment I begin to shoot with a weapon, either from a car in drive by mode or when walking the frame rates and sound drop to like 5 fps.

I have tried different sound settings (this only thing that helps is to turn off all hardware excel from the sound control panel, but then I dont get the sounds of the game) and for now I am using my motherboards built in sound card.  My system is a P4 2.53, Ti4600 card and its not getting too hot at all. I have tried the game with AA and ANISO both off, same thing.

It seems to be some sort of issue with the sound of the guns shooting and the other sounds (music and game play) all going at the same time.

Any thoughts on this??

joshieca
  • joshieca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:16 PM

To follow up with my problem....the frame stuttering goes away the moment I blow something up!  :dozing:

Go Figure!

shivanand_ramnarinesingh
  • shivanand_ramnarinesingh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2003 - 10:01 PM

I had that problem on WinME with a SB AWE64 sound card but after i installed the windows 98se drivers it works perfectly. :colgate:  :r*:

Asche
  • Asche

Asche

• Members

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:54 AM

try shoting at the sea for a while, that fixes my problem when i had it, by the way if you are using am intel motherboard you are going to need the latest sound drivers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users