Polygon corruption and no textures

5 replies to this topic
goamak
  • goamak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:39 PM

I've got a problem with gta vc that can best be illustrated with a picture:

As you can see texture and polygon corruption. This only occurs when i have finish assignments at island 1 and may move to island 2 and 3.

It does occur after a about 10 or 15 minutes. My guess is that my system memory runs full and doesn't get cleaned up. Cause when i stay racing on island 1 i can drive for hours, but when i move to another island (and gtavc has to load more textures) i get polygon corruption and no textures.

I tryed every single tip found on this board, frame limiter, new sound,video drivers, reinstall, defrag, settings on vidcard tab, new 1.1 patch, changed all settings ingamem and so on.

My system is a asus a7n8x (deluxe) (nforce2 and onboard sound) and a asus gforce3 ti200 (deluxe) and 512 mb ram.

My vidcard tempatures are normal. I can play every game as long as i want (played yesterday cmr3 for 8 hours), but gtavc just won't work.

Can someone offer me a helping hand?

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
  • Johnny The Homicidal Maniac

Official Maniac Award Winner!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:01 PM

My first tip would be to reinstall the game...try that

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT2: There's a file in your Vice City User Files that's called gta_vc.set, delete that and see what happens

goamak
  • goamak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the reply! I have already deinstalled the game three times, also deleted the .set file and all the savegames. Also searched the registry for traces of gtavc.

But still no go, textures disappear, for example when i drive to the airport, all the way to the airport goes oke, but when arriving at airport, the whole airport appears without textures, even a couple of runway parts...

:/

Saint69
  • Saint69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:08 PM

i have the same problem as you, cept textures not appearing, just the polygon corruption (and damn it's annoying). i have discovered that if the draw distance is not set to full, you can simply press escape, give it a second to fix up, and go back and it'll be fine....for a bit, but it will still mess up again.

i have a geforcefx 5600, with 512 ram, and an ASUS a7v8x...so i have a feeling it MAY be asus motherboards, but i can't be sure. anyone else got some suggestions?   :(

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:13 PM

Do you have your latest video drivers installed.

:bored:   :dozing:   :bored:   :dozing:

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:33 PM

oh i hate that, i used to have that in gta3 with my old gf3 ti 200, does yours have a fan on it btw? the problem is its overheating and you need to find a way too cool it, like get one of those big room fans fer it :) thatll do the trick nicely

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users