Graphics Prob

2 replies to this topic
EM-ZombiE
  • EM-ZombiE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:09 AM

Hi guys,
 I've been here looking around for the past couple days and cannot find another post with this problem. When I enter into downtown, or get near it, the buildings start to flash on and off and then the game locks up completely (Hard reset for the computer). I reloaded GTA:VC and it did not help. I am thinking a possible corrupt file on the install disk? I can take it back and change it for another one but would rather not. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have the 1.1 patch installed, I thought that my problem was the corrupt graphics problem they were talking about, no luck.

AMD 1.4
256MB RAM
Gforce 4 TI4200
DX 9.0a

stealthsniper
  • stealthsniper

24: Vice City Is Here Early! Go Read Episode 3!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:19 AM

i would recommend that u reinstall VC because im pretty sure that your problem doesnt relate with the patch's purpose, and if not used correctly, the patch can create more problems rather than solving any, to my knowledge. Damn the engine programmers at :r*: !!!

NeWayz, yeah, try reinstalling it and before u enter the game again, go into My Documents -> VC User Files -> DELETE the .set file, it can help. ;)

Hope that works... your specs seem fine, but maybe u should think about upping your MB RAM...just a thought.

EM-ZombiE
  • EM-ZombiE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:02 AM

Hi Sniper thx for the reply,
I have reinstalled the game with the same thing happening. What is the .set file? Is that the user determined keyboard settings?

Thanks again

Z

P.S. Can't I go back to V 1.0? All the patch does is change the gta-vc.exe file? I saved the original one, I actually read the readme and did what it said to do, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users