Hello and welcome to GTAForums, the social arm of the GTANetwork and home of the largest Grand Theft Auto community on the interweb! Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with these basic rules, enforced to help keep the forums a friendly environment for all of our community:
- No Flaming language or comments that are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational
- No Hate Speech discriminatory language or comments towards certain groups; such as racism, sexism or homophobia
- No Explicit Material posting or linking to any explicit, pornographic or offensive media; such as sex, nudity or gore (this includes signatures & avatars)
- No Spam off-topic, nonsensical, one word or otherwise pointless and non-contributory posts
- No Warez posting links to, requesting or discussing illegally obtained or pirated materials; such as games, software or other media
- No Ripping stealing or plagiarising other people's work and claiming it as your own; such as game mods, images or written content
- No Advertising promoting your website, YouTube channel or other service such as referral links by posting topics or PMing members (signature promotion is allowed)
- No Multiple Accounts a new account should only be made if there is a legit reason; members using another account to break rules or evade bans will be taken care of appropriately
Breaking these rules will result in a Reminder, Warning, Temporary Ban or Permanent Ban being issued by a Moderator. Your Member Log keeps a record of this.
Action taken is at the Moderator's discretion and judgement, but is based on the severity of your rule violation, how often it may be occurring and your Member Log history.
We rely heavily on our community to flag posts, topics or members that break these rules using the Report system, a link of which is found at the bottom of every post and member profile.
Use common sense for the most part whilst posting and you'll get along just fine. Like any other forum, there are unspoken 'rules' of etiquette amongst the community regarding spamming (the occasional meme is fine and is actually funny if used in moderation, but please don't go overboard) and trolling (deliberately acting out to annoy or flame the community). While such things aren't generally enforced as rule breaking, Moderators will take action if such posts become a habit, cause problems or result in complaints from other members. It might also be worth mentioning that doing anything which might be illegal in the real world is also frowned upon here.
Remember; you are a guest on a free service. You may make no demands and have no rights.
Moderators retain the right to remove you from the forums for any reason at any given time upon compromising the rules.
Please direct forum issues or support questions to GTA Network Support.